Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hopefully Ever After

   So I had a hell of a day yesterday and feeling really down. You know how it goes, you try to sleep and close your eyes but the mind is still racing and you finally give up.  So I sat there in bed feeling a bit sorry for self, cried a few tears, muttered a few why me's, then popped a Valium.  Well, that didn't work so I thought to myself MUSICAL.  I needed to escape for a hour or two.  So in goes Bob Fosse's "Sweet Charity".   Not only does this film have great singing, dancing, acting, and (of course) direction and choreography, it also tells a story of a woman who basically gets shit on the throughout the entire film and in the end finds the strength to just keep going and not let it get her down.   In fact the movie ends with, " And she lived HOPEFULLY ever." 
   Watching the adventures of Miss Charity Hope Valentine  helped me realize that no situation is hopeless and feeling sorry for yourself sitting in doom and gloom accomplishes nothing.   Are you living hopefully ever after or hopelessly?   Think about it.
   "Have you ever had one of those days that was just perfect?  Well I have.   This wasn't it! This definitely wasn't it! But, there's always tomorrow..." - Charity Hope Valentine from "Sweet Charity"
Showtune of the moment: I'm the Bravest Individual (Reprise) from "Sweet Charity"
Here is a link to one of my favorite numbers! The Rich Man's Frug! I wanna be the featured dancer chick in the middle for halloween!
 Rich Man's Frug: The Aloof
If ya have never seen it, get it, watch it , get the soundtrack,  you'll love it. Just forgive the first number of the show "My Personal Property".   It makes me wanna rip my ears off and it gets stuck in your head.  It's like herpes...the gift that keeps on giving!

1 comment: