Thursday, May 19, 2011

There's a time to come to New York and a time to leave...

      Ok kids, I'm going to apologize right off the bat.   I know I've been missing for a few months, but the BowTiedOne has been and is still busy adjusting to a new city, dialysis,having to live in my parents house, missing NYC,  realizing I have one friend in the same Ohio,  I'm gaining weight (which really grinds my gears, )and I'm beginning to have severe and chronic pain in my hips and knees; (I had to have both hips replaced a few years ago.)
       I would be lying if I said that I'm handling all of this with grace and usual wit.   There was plenty of crying, epic panic attacks, and lots of medication, and plenty of Emmy winning moments or at least a BET award. And my pharmacy is my friend.
     So in a nutshell I have to rediscover who QtheBowtiedOne is in Columbus Ohio.  I'm pretty much jobless, friendless,partner-less, (still NYC but, moving to Ohio late this late summer)smiley face,   
        Although i have an amazing family who is doing an often difficult and loving job of helping me when I can't, and loving me, and trying to entertain and include me; I feel completely lost and alone. 
     I have to start over and I'm scared. I'm not bouncing back as quickly as I used to.   My major support group and supporter are in New York.   And I feel totally out of place in OH. 
      OK enough of that 'Steel Magnolias" mess and change the pace!
     There are some very exciting things on the burner and I'm gonna list them for you!
1.Maybe I'll get a kidney transplant
2.My partner is moving from NY to OH to be  with me! More about this in another blog
3.It has been a dream of me and my mom to have our own theatre company and we are FINALLY DOING IT! Our theatre is called State of the Arts Productions. We feel that good that theatre should be for everyone to enjoy and learn from.   We also believe in color blind casting.  We want to have a multi-ethnic cast whenever possible if the script allows. State of the Arts is a non-profit organization and is all legal all donations are tax deductable and we are hoping to do our first production this fall.  So tell everyone about State of the Arts! www.soartspro@gmail.com is the email address if ya have any questions or if you want to volunteer.
4.I'm also really getting back into practicing the amazing healing art of Reiki. Not many people know what it i,but in a nutshell its the ancient healing by the laying of hands.   I  was asleep one night and it was like a bolt went through my body and for a few moments there was no pain. It was like God was reminding me that I i had been blessed with this training and gift and that i was not powerless against all the physical and emotional trials I was going through and that I needed to get reacquainted with it for myself and to help others.   The are 3 levels of practitioners and I'm a level two.    Which means I can practices on other as well as myself. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information and ,who knows,maybe a sessions.
      So yeah,  you missed a lot.   But, I as I promised when I first started the blog.   I'm still going to talk about fashion and interior design and give great tips for men and women, hell, you now can schedule  a shopping date, closet overhaul, or a home consult with me if you live in the Columbus metro area.   I promise we would have a hell of a good time. Hit me up for information.   DON"T WORRY, I know this is Columbus, but i believe everybody has the right to this luxury and ability to look good if they have the right tools. So ladies and gentlemen give me a call and see what a difference it will make in your life.
PHEW!
That was way too much typing. Remember that when you look good on the outside no matter whats going on in your life or how crappy you may be feeling; I'm a smile will creep onto your face and more smiles from others will follow.   WORK OUTSIDE IN. 
Much Love and Dona Vida
-QtheBowtiedOne
remember kids to follow me on Twitter @QtheBowtiedone
and remember to read, laugh, think, cry, like it, or hate it, just be share it and follow my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! You are in CBUS! I am trying to come back there this summer I hope I can see you. Sorry to hear you are missing NYC. You should get together with Davis people. There are plenty of people from Tommy around. Tim Fulton would probably know where everyone is. I don't want you to be lonely.

    ReplyDelete